To obtain the API Login ID and Transaction Key:
- Log into the Merchant Interface
- Click “Account” from the main toolbar
- Click “Settings” in the main menu on the left side
- Click “API Credentials & Keys”
- Select “New Transaction Key”
- Note: When obtaining a new Transaction Key, you may choose to disable the old Transaction Key by clicking the box titled “Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately”. You may want to do this if you suspect your previous Transaction Key is being used fraudulently.
- Click “Submit” to continue
- Request and enter the PIN for verification
- Your new Transaction Key will be displayed for you to insert into the Splitit Merchant Portal.
If the “Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately” box is not checked, the old Transaction Key will automatically expire in 24 hours. If the box is checked, the Transaction Key will expire immediately.
Be sure to save and store the Transaction Key in a very safe place. Do not share it with anyone, as it is used to protect all of your transactions.
The system-generated Transaction Key is similar to a password and is used to authenticate requests submitted to the Gateway. If a request cannot be authenticated using the Transaction Key, the request will be rejected.
You may generate a new Transaction Key as often as needed.